Sridevi is a Principal Associate of the Corporate/Commercial department at M&CO Legal. She started her career in 2013 with a renowned top law firm in India, Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh. A. Shroff & Co. At M&CO Legal, she has extensively dealt with various facets of corporate practice in the United Arab Emirates, including corporate restructuring, acquisitions, real estate, employment laws, franchising, and construction matters. She completed her graduation from Gujarat National Law University with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 6.5/ 7 (University 2nd Rank Holder). She is a recipient of Sharad. B. Vakil Gold Medal, 2013 for outstanding performance in Constitutional Law of India. She has qualified for the Professional Programme of Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. She has been a speaker at various corporate forums and workshops for corporate professionals in India.
At M&CO Legal she has exhibited her knowledge and legal acumen in providing tenable solutions to the legal issues of the clients. During her tenure at the M&CO Legal, she has undertaken:
- Structuring the transaction and drafting of transactional documents such as business transfer agreements, joint venture agreements, investment agreement, shareholders’ agreement etc. for various merger & acquisition transactions.
- Drafting of franchise agreements, technology transfer agreements, management agreements, employment agreement, lease agreements,
- Providing legal advisory and drafting legal notices on various aspects of UAE Federal Law No. 2015 on Commercial Companies Law, Federal Law No 8, For 1980, on regulation of Labour Relations, UAE, Federal Law No. (5) of 1985 On the Civil Transactions Law of the United Arab Emirates.
During her corporate practice in India, she has handled various complex merger & acquisition and financing transactions. Some of the notable transactions she was involved includes:
- Advised Elliot Management and Francisco Partners for corporate restructuring in India resulting due to the global acquisition of Dell software. Drafted the transaction documents such as share purchase agreements and business transfer agreements and provided legal advisory on foreign exchange laws, transfer of employees, immoveable properties and stamp duty.
- Assisted the team in the review of the Debenture Trust Deed, Share Pledge Agreement, Personal Guarantee, Deed of Hypothecation and other transaction document and negotiations on behalf of Indo Rama Synthetics (India) Limited for debt funding by way of issuance of Non-Convertible Debentures to Edelweiss group.
- Assisted the team in the review of the transaction documents and negotiations on behalf of Indo Rama Renewables Limited for 100% sell out of its subsidiary, Indo Rama Renewables Jath Limited to Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited.
Sridevi’s areas of expertise extend to corporate restructuring, mergers & acquisitions, general corporate advisories, franchising, construction related matter.